It’s a big week in Birmingham, Alabama, starting with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the Iron Bowl on Saturday, when rivals from The University of Alabama and Auburn University vie for the state championship and year-long bragging rights.
So, let’s do a quick recap of what we have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, beginning with just a few of the reasons we LOVE living at the Retreat at Mountain Brook.
- Our 1, 2 and 3-bedroom flats and townhomes are LARGE – from 1,060 to 1,900 square feet
- Nestled against a neighborhood like no other – Mountain Brook, Ala.
- Beautifully appointed kitchens for entertaining
- Impressive Fitness Centers
- Free Wi-Fi in each resident clubhouse and a big screen TV
- Electric Fire Places
- Our location
Look at these floorplans!
The Retreat at Mountain Brook is located minutes from downtown Birmingham, Crestline, and Avondale. Easy access to I-59, I-20, 459 and 280, makes getting places a breeze, especially T-town/Auburn, and Black Friday sales. Here’s a list of shopping opportunities compiled of by BhamNow:
- Black Friday at Local Malls –The Galleria, The Summit and The Brookwood Village Mall will be open for Black Friday sales.
- The Riverchase Galleria:open 6pm – midnight on Thanksgiving Day, 6am – 10pm on Black Friday
- The Summit:closed on Thanksgiving, open 9am – 9pm on Black Friday
- Brookwood Village:closed on Thanksgiving, open 7am – 9pm on Black Friday. (First 250 people in line will receive a shopping tote, retailer coupons and a gift card valued from $5-$500.)
- Take a Photo with Santa –November 10 through December 24, head over to Bass Pro Shops in Leeds to see Santa. Take a FREE photo with him in Santa’s Wonderland!
- North Pole Pop-Up at The Summit: Starting on Black Friday, stop by The Summit for photos with Santa, locally-made candy, boutiques and more.
- Brrrmingham Ice-Skating Rink Opening Day –Not interested in a great deal on some shoes? Just want a family day? Enjoy Birmingham’s only outdoor ice-skating rink at Railroad Park. The rink opens at 10 am. Buy tickets in advance here.
- Christmas cards – Sure, you can pick up a box at the drugstore. Want your pup or kids on the front? You might consider Village Press in Mountain Brook Village. They’ve been doing something right since 1965.
- Get a ride – Want to avoid the traffic but take in the fun? Try a ride with UBERor LYFT.
And then of course, you’ll want to know where to go to enjoy the Iron Bowl – here’s the details:
- The Iron Bowl – Even if you’re not a die-hard Alabama or Auburn fan, you won’t want to miss this game. Game details:
- Kickoff time: 2:30 CDT on CBS
- Where to watch: Iron City, SkyCastle and other sports bar faves in town. If you’re interested in gaming while you watch the game, check out the new Dave & Buster’s at the Riverchase Galleria! Grand opening is Monday, November 19.
- Druid City Music Hall is hosting a free Iron Bowl Gameday Party with doors opening at 11:00.
Plan on staying in on Thanksgiving? Be sure and snuggle up with a Sherpa Throw from Target, or a faux fur comforter from nearby Pottery Barn at the Summit, both just a short drive away from The Retreat at Mountain Brook, a/k/a home sweet home? These cozy comforters offer up a stylish way to stay warm, while adding to the warmth of your décor.
And, nothing says Thanksgiving like watching the Macy’s Day Parade to really get into the holiday spirit. Or, if TV is not your game, treat yourself to a good read and a premium bottle of wine from R & R Wine and Liquor in Crestline Village, about 12 minutes away from The Retreat at 81 Church St, Mountain Brook, AL 35213.
Here’s a recipe for a great party dip. You’re welcome.
And as always, from all the staff at The Retreat at Mountain Brook, we wish a happy Thanksgiving and a happy holiday season. Please call the office if we can provide service over the Thanksgiving holiday or anytime you need us! 205-956-9722